The new Safety Awareness for Door Supervisors unit of assessment and online training has been developed to cover the following subjects within the security sector:
- Counter Terrorism
- Use of communication devices
- Application of physical intervention
The Online training link will be sent to the learner before the commencement of the course and must be completed by him or her and certificate brought to the course.
Unit 1: Principles of Terror Threat Awareness in the Private Security Industry
- Understand terror threats and the role of the security operative in the event of a threat
- Identify the different threat levels
- Recognise the common terror attack methods
- Recognise the actions to take in the event of a terror threat
- Identify the procedures for dealing with suspicious items
- Identify behaviours that could indicate suspicious activity
- Identify how to respond to suspicious behaviour
Unit 2: Principals of Using Equipment for Door Supervisors in the Private Security Sector
- Know how to use equipment relevant to a door supervisor
- Recognise equipment used to manage venue capacity
- Recognise the different types of personal protective equipment relevant to the role of a door supervisor
- State the purpose of using bodyworn cameras (BWC)
- Identify how to communicate effectively using relevant equipment
- Demonstrate effective use of communication devices
- Know what actions to take in relation to global (or critical) incidents
- Know government guidance in relation to global (or critical) incidents
Unit 3: Application of Physical Intervention Skills in the Private Security Industry
- Understand physical interventions and the implications of their use
- Understand the risks associated with using physical intervention
- Understand how to reduce the risks associated with physical intervention
- Be able to use physical skills to protect yourself and others
Who is it for?
You may already have a Door Supervisor qualification and have been asked to complete the Physical Intervention training that was previously not part of the Door Supervisor course you took part in. This course will help you gain the relevant qualification and apply for your SIA Licence successfully.
Successful candidates will receive a Level 2/Level 6 Award For Upskilling Door Supervisors certificate from an awarding body.